Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Pareto Principle! 80/20 Rule

 Or the 80/20 rule!

This principle simply means that 20% of the work you do Accounts for 80% of your results!

Top income earners have also become top Procrastinators...or perhaps here is a more positive word...Discernment!  These people, when polled, knew what tasks in their business made them
money and what tasks didn't!  So they CHOSE to do the tasks that made them money first...then
gave the other tasks to someone else.

I fondly remember when I had first decided to hire an assistant...we worked out our pay structure (lucky for
me she loved candles....and I sold them) so we 'traded' time for candles!!!

She handled things like:
  • Wrapping my door prizes for my next few weeks of shows
  • Making sure my hostess packages were all put together
  • Cleaning out my demo bag...making sure catalogues were in 'new' condition
  • Organizing my tote boxes and cleaning my display items
  • Birthday/Anniversary cards
While she did that I was able to concentrate on my making money activities:
  • Hostess Coaching coffee dates
  • New consultant training
  • my Daily calls
  • Personal Invitations
  • Calendar Control
  • Putting in shows/new consultant agreements
I had never heard of the 80/20 rule years ago, but knowing it now...I certainly lived it and my paycheck was
proof of that!

So decide today & everyday what are your money making activities....do those activities FIRST before you
check your emails, go on FB, read other people's blogs, twitter...etc....and I guarantee that you will start getting the results you want!!!

JODY :))





Jody Maley is Motivational Speaker & Trainer, mom of six,retired entrepeneur, ToastMaster, Queen of the Home Party Plan Biz!
http://www.DesignedforDivineDestinations.com
"Where its not just about the Destination, it's the Journey to Get there!"

No comments:

Post a Comment